Monday, February 4, 2008

Our house has been a hotbed for germs the past week. Anna has finally got the hang of throwing away used tissues. I won't worry about Jeremy getting the concept now since he is past ths snot-blowing stage. Poor Spencer is so congested he coughs and gags all the time. I think we've finally found relief for him in the form of breathing treatments and a raised matress. As for Jackson, I'm not sure there is any hope. There is not anything as obviously wrong with him. He coughs a little, sometimes runs a slight fever, but for the most part, he is just a bear to live with, which makes my life miserable.

I would love to be able to just sit and hold him, but unfortunately for him and me 1) I don't have time and 2) Spencer needs me too. When those two are both awake, there are moments when they are both miserable and crying which in turn makes me want to cry.

However, at this moment the house is quiet. No coughing. No crying. No sneezing. And yet, I'm sitting at the computer. That's because I had to take a few moments to answer work email. But now it's time to shut down so I can get some sleep to deal with more work and sick children tomorrow.

Sick children, healthy children, happy children, whiny children...they're mine and I love them.

No comments: