Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I have taken a break from the real presidential election to re-live The West Wing election of Season 7. I hadn't realized how many of the episodes I had missed, but by that time, they had moved the show to an inconvenient 8 p.m. time slot on Sundays. It was usually pretty difficult to monitor bath time and keep up with the quick dialogue. So I usually sacrificed the show for motherhood.

The wonderful benefit of watching television shows on dvd is no commercials and the freedom to watch episodes back-to-back. The problem is the freedom to watch episodes back-to-back. I lack the self-discipline to stop and go to bed at a reasonable hour. So I watched the first four episodes and went to bed at 1 a.m. Tonight I watched three episodes and stopped because I needed to finish loading the dishwasher. I guess I have a little self discipline.

At least I know how this election will turn out. I'm not really sure about the present-day situation. Only time will tell.

No comments: