Friday, February 29, 2008

Tomorrow my daughter is -- of her own choosing -- attending a writer's conference hosted by our school district. I think that is very cool. And she is excited about it. I'm not sure how excited she'll be when she has to leave at 8:30 tomorrow morning. But still, my daughter gets to go to a writer's conference. At least if I don't have time to go, someone I know gets to go.

She's only nine, so I know that most likely her interests will change. But it is very fun as a parent when you see your child enjoying some of your interests. I don't know that I would've gone to a writer's conference when I was nine (I was too busy playing football and having dirt clod fights), but she does like to read the books I loved -- Encyclopedia Brown and the Fudge series. I have also been very happy for D because he has been able to share his love for the Choose Your Own Adventure series with her, and he doesn't really like to read. So that's been a huge step in our household.

I know it's just going to get harder as she gets older, so I'm just going to try to enjoy these little moments along the way.

No comments: