Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I was so close to a wii today, but I got caught in a cyberspace traffic jam. I guess I'm going to have to rely on my niece's husband to score one for me. I'm putting a lot of trust in this guy. We'll see what happens.

This week has just about worn me out -- sick kids, politics and work deadlines. Fortunately, my major work deadline gets to end tomorrow night with a concert by Casting Crowns. They aren't performing just for us. The two events just happen to coincide. I will definitely need to hear their uplifting words after dealing with the negative thoughts I've been having the last couple of weeks. To put it mildly, I have not been the kind of compassionate, loving, Christ-like person I should try to be. I have been kind to people, but I have not spoken too kindly of them. It has been a very frustrating situation that has not brought out the best in me. However, it has given me a clearer understanding about my stand on a certain political issue and reaffirmed my belief that our current governor is pretty ineffective.

Anyway, hopefully, the week will end better than it started -- the work deadline will pass peacefully and all the kids will be healthy.

No comments: