Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My apologies to my two friends who may or may not read this post. (I have more than two friends -- I think -- they just aren't all fortunate or unfortunate to know about this blog.) This is going to be a complaining post. I have been on the new meds for a few days now, and I'm not ready to say they work or don't work yet.

The reason is I'm still getting headaches. Of course, the reason I may be getting headaches is because of caffeine withdrawals. Of course, I'm having caffeine withdrawals because I haven't been drinking much caffeine. Why haven't I been drinking much caffeine? Because of all the strange side effects this drug could have, it can make carbonated beverages tastes bad. That is just so wrong! Why couldn't it have been something I didn't like? Maybe coffee? Tea? Anything else?

I've still had a few sips of coke a day, but it is just not the same. I wasn't a pop-a-can-as-soon-as-I-open-my-eyes-in-the-morning person, but I definitely liked to have a drink with my lunch -- maybe (OK usually) one with dinner.

Since I'm down from at least a full glass/can a day to maybe a few sips, I think I'm going through withdrawal. So we'll see how I feel after I make it over this mountain. And, yeah, I had a headache today.

On an unrelated headache note, but still a complaint, I attended Anna's soccer ceremony tonight for the fall season. It's nothing too exciting, so D took the boys and ran other errands while I sat and chatted with the PTA moms. Anyway, here's my gripe, Anna's team finished 3rd, but the team that came in 2nd should not have even been in her division. They should've have been moved up a division. Now if they were younger and finished ahead, I'd say, "you go, girls" but no they took advantage of the younger girls. I noticed their coach happened to be involved with the soccer leadership. Hmmm. Anyway, I'm still proud of our girls. Several of them are pretty petite, but they are scrappy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No worries about complaining. Think of the blog as "chronicling your new meds" experiment.

Are you SURE you don't like sweet tea? There's this stuff called Red Diamond...it's in milk jugs in the refrigerated section...that both my SILs swear by. When Melissa was in the hospital to deliver Justus, she sent Chad on a mission to get her some.