Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I try to set a good example. I don't swear (at least in front of the kids). I don't drive over the speed limit too much (of course the kids can't drive yet). I always wear my seatbelt. I don't drink carbonated beverages in the morning (of course I'm not drinking them much at all now).

Obviously, I'm falling down on the job when it comes to breakfast. They don't usually see me eat a nutritious breakfast, but I tell them to eat something -- cereal, poptarts, toast, fruit snacks (that counts, right?). Anyway, this morning, the oldest ate Oatmeal and Everything Cookie Bars for breakfast while I had Rice Krispie Treats. They didn't ask if they could have the bars. They just assumed it was OK. Did I say no? Not this time. I just wanted them to get to school on time.

It wasn't my best parenting decision, but it wasn't my worst either.

No comments: