Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Will this week ever end?

It's only Tuesday, and I'm ready for Thursday (since Thursday is really my Friday). I have the wonderful opportunity of working with a program that gives thousands of dollars in grant money to several individuals. While it is a great way to earn a paycheck, the time the program is taking this week makes me appreciate every single dollar I get and wish I got more.

On top of that, I've got to find some time to pick my tourney teams, prepare various pieces for a huge event in May, clean my house, feed the kids, and so on and so on and so on. Jack turns three next month, and I need to figure out how we are going to celebrate. I'm not throwing a big party because he is only three, but he's old enough to deserve a little excitement on his special day.

He has grown so much over the past year, that it amazes me and, of course, makes me sad. His latest obsession is a race car computer game. He appears to have little problem navigating the game, while his older brother asks for assistance periodically -- maybe because Jack just goes with the flow but Dash must be able to master the game. I wish Dash would apply the same determination to his sight words!

Timeout is over. Now back to work.

No comments: