Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Today was a crazy day. It started with a multi-car pileup during rush hour. Although I was thankfully not involved, it extended my drive time by 45 minutes. After putting in a quick hour and a half of work, I rushed back home to eat lunch with Anna in the cafeteria. I'll just say this -- Mazzio's pizza was not on the menu in my elementary school.

After lunch, I hurried back to the office to finish printing, folding and stuffing approximately 270 letters. It was an exciting task though, because about 100 of those letters were notifying applicants that their proposal was going to be funded.

Then I had to speed home to make it to the first of two parent-teacher conferences. Fortunately, both kids got good reviews. I was thrilled to hear that Anna, after a rough start in second grade, is reading at an early-to-mid third grade level, and Jeremy knows more sight words that I thought he did.

After the meetings, we loaded up the family and celebrated with dinner at Alfredo's, which is always a great way to end a day, but wait - it gets even better. It was bunko night! I have not been since December and I've missed the night out. It requires very little energy, we eat great food, we are able to chat and there are prizes. The host tonight outdid us all by having a Hawaiian theme. Now I'm going to have to come up with something good when I host in June.

After a day like that, I should be ready to crash, but being a night owl, I doubt I'll go to sleep anytime soon.

No comments: