Thursday, June 7, 2007

It's only the beginning

For the first time, Jack is participating in a sports league. It's a very low-key indoor soccer league for 3-5 year olds. The first game was very chaotic, so there was a lot of crying and hand holding. Jack went on the court once, started running towards the action, then made a u-turn and returned to my side. Hopefully, he will get over his fear as the season goes on. He usually likes playing soccer, but as I said the atmosphere was very chaotic.

However, this latest activity has created more work for me. Here's what my June looks like:
  • soccer game once a week
  • vbs this week (which explains the lack of posts)
  • a week off
  • soccer camp for Anna
  • two-day basketball camp for Jeremy
  • family reunion

That's just June - AND we decided to drop a week-long summer camp because all of this other stuff plus swim lessons and vacation have resulted in very little time and money.

However, I did make time to watch two of the movies I rented - Hollywoodland and Bobby. (Thank goodnes for total access or else I'd keep spending money on movies I didn't get to watch.) I really enjoyed Bobby and definitely recommend it. While I was watching it, I still couldn't quite wrap my brain around the thought that Emilio Estevez actually was this creative. Hollywoodland, on the other hand, was slow. I dozed off during the last 15 minutes, but I don't think I really missed anything. George Reeves still died, and as far as I know, they still say he committed suicide. Hope I don't ruin it for anyone.

Next on my list is Dreamgirls -- when I find the time.

No comments: