Thursday, June 14, 2007

I think I need to figure out a dedicated time to write. Maybe that would help me write more often.

Jack's soccer game this week went much better than last week. He would start out in the middle of the pack, kicking the ball, but before long, he would be happily jogging after the herd. He looked like he was just running laps in the gym -- there just happened to be a group of kids ahead of him trying to kick a soccer ball. Regardless, he was out there with a smile on his face. Big improvement!

Baby is eating some finger foods like cheerios and puffs, and he loves them. He's like a little bird with his mouth open, waiting for the next bite, except he gets really mad if you don't stuff something in there very quickly.

The next couple of weeks will be very busy. Soccer camp, soccer games, BUNKO/bunco!!, brother arriving from Malaysia, reunion, and did I mention BUNKO/bunco?!? I'm hosting the group this month, so while I won't be getting away from the house, people will be getting the kids away from me. Of course, it also means I need to clean the house.

On a sad note, I learned this evening that Ruth Graham, wife of Billy Graham, passed away this afternoon. I've never heard either of them speak, even though I've been told Billy is quite impressive. I'm very bittersweet about the idea of this couple, who has been together for years, now separated by death. There is a Mark Schultz song, Walking her home (I think), that tells a story like that. While I don't want to wish my life away, I'm looking forward to growing old -- God willing -- with D and (WARNING - mush ahead - being even more in love with him than I am today). I just don't dwell on which one of us will make it to heaven first.

Not to ruin all that sweet talk, but it's not all love all the time. I'll save that for another day.

No comments: