Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Rain, rain, go away

Actually I love the rain. It doesn't really bother me. It also gives me an excuse to be antisocial at home and encourage the kids to find creative ways to entertain themselves indoors. I don't mind staying inside because sometimes I get tired of dealing with other people. I'm not much of an extrovert, but sometimes I'm not fit to socialize with other people.

Currently, I'm losing patience and unable to find a solution to a neighborhood issue. We have a girl who spends a lot of time watching us from her backyard fence or showing up in our front yard without permission. She is not able to participate in many activities outside of the home due to the health of her guardians. Another neighbor has done all she can to help, and I offer when I can. But after a while, you realize the situation is beyond anything we can realistically help with. For now, all we can do is extend an open invitation to let her play with our kids whenever we are outside.

I wish there was more I could do, but it wouldn't be fair to her or my own kids to take on any more right now.

No comments: