Thursday, June 28, 2007

It rained and poured...

for 16 daysies, daysies. I'm not Noah and God promised He would never flood the earth again, so I'm going to have faith that we won't be saying 40 daysies like the kids' church song goes.

Today many of my extended family descended on my hometown. We are having our reunion at a nearby state park which has been divided in two by a flooded creek. So those staying at the once very convenient lodge have to drive 9 miles to get to the group camp. Fortunately, the park has a front entrance and a back entrance. My brother's FIL drove 1 1/2 hours to help him move their camper to higher ground. It will be a very interesting weekend -- 20+ kids under 10 and a 60% chance of rain almost every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doing good with the posting! I hope it doesn't rain all weekend for you. Have fun!