Thursday, May 3, 2007

Shing-a-ling

It's official. I have shingles. Not fun at all -- except for the painkillers. This post will be fairly short because those painkillers are finally starting to kick in. I'm sure this whole shingles thing is going to get worse since the nurse said, as she left the room, "good luck." That was before I even saw the doctor, who is a wondeful man. I was in and out of that place in less than 30 minutes!

Evidently, stress brings on this condition, and I've got plenty of that right now. Conducting two meetings in two days and trying to finish the layout on a 28-page program while caring for four children, including one who has regressed to waking up for a 1 or 4 a.m. feeding.

If I can make it until Friday, the work load should be lifted. However, tomorrow I get to go into the office and give my boss an earful about my laision on a project I've been working on. If there is one thing I despise, it's being treated like I'm stupid and it's even worse when it's done in front of others. I like to think I'm a pretty kind and mellow person, but I was pushed to my limit tonight. The bright side was all the excited people I got to meet who will traveling all over the world this summer thanks to the program my offic is involved in.

The words are starting to swim on the screen, so I should probably go to bed before I pass out. I'm sure this won't be the only time I'll discuss my current affliction since it can last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months and can reoccur at anytime. Yippee!

No comments: