Monday, April 30, 2007

Sometimes my kids drive me crazy, but then they do or say something that almost makes everything OK. I say almost because the moments of craziness are increasing rapidly while those brief moments of sweetness are becoming more infrequent.

But to focus on the moments of sweetness...I've been trying to bring some type of order to the boys' room and make toys more easily available to them. Since Spencer takes naps throughout the day, there isn't much time for Jeremy and Jack to play in their room and work their way through the toy box. So I have removed all the toys from their room. Jeremy sorted everything to a certain extent (the I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-this pile is quite large). Now I plan to implement an idea I've heard of before -- rotate toys. I'm going to put a variety of toys in a few different totes and leave one tote in the living room for a couple of weeks or a month before switching it out with another. Of course, I don't have much time right now, so everything is still lined up in the dining room.

Now to the sweet part, in an effort to make more room for the boys' clothes I moved a small dresser into their walk-in closet. (They already have two dressers in their room - one of which serves as the changing table.) The dresser in the closet is Jeremy's, so he can turn on the closet light, close the door so he doesn't disturb his sleeping brothers and get ready for bed or school. He is thrilled to have his own private space. I'm not sure how many times he stopped to kiss me last night and tell me he loves me.

Jack was also in rare form today. While he had numerous meltdowns, he was also very sweet. When I arrived to pick him up at my MIL, he was so excited to see me I thought he was going to run through the storm door. And tonight while I was helping him get ready for his bath, he gave me a big hug and told me he missed me. Of course, he added that I had left him, so that was a little sad.

I can't believe I didn't post at all last week. The scary thing right now is I can't always remember what happened. Another good reason to blog. This week won't be much better. I have meetings tomorrow and Wednesday, and a major project due on Friday -- my 11th anniversary. Hopefully, though, I will find time to write something.

No comments: