Saturday, May 5, 2007

Drugs are a wonderful thing

Either I have no clue what's coming my way, or I got to the doctor early enough for the meds to start kicking these shingles. I'm feeling almost normal today. A little aching in the back and the rash area is a little itchy, but it's not even 10 a.m. and I've cleaned the vanities in both bathrooms, put away a couple of totes of clothes, shifted Jack's clothes to his new dresser and fed baby. Of course, none of that probably would've happened if the other three kids were home.

God bless grandparents and aunts! The kids are at my parents being spoiled rotten, and my SIL kept baby last night while D and I went to dinner for our anniversary. Then we came home and watched The Good Sheperd. My personal review -- not too exciting. I was able to stay awake, but I couldn't understand some of the dialogue so I'm sure I missed some important information.

Usually we take at least a whole weekend to celebrate our anniverary by ourselves, but unfortunately, due to our work schedules, that didn't happen this year. Kind of crazy since I'm working part time and he has a more flexible schedule as a manager, but that's the way it goes.

After I pay bills today (not a fun task), I'm headed to the mall (another not fun task) to look for something a little dressy for our big event this month. I'll be having lunch at Taco Bueno with D (will the excitement never end) and then I get to go to Build a Bear with Anna's brownie troop. Yippee! Then tomorrow the fun continues, with lunch at Chuck E Cheese for a b-day party followed by dinner with some couples from church (I'll save that for another post).

No comments: