Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The last major project goes to the printer in the morning. The CD has been burned and is in the hands of my co-worker who will drop it off. I could cause more work for myself by triple checking my work, but I'm going to let it go for now.

A friend of mine is going through some rough times right now, and I've tried to take time throughout the day to correspond by email with her. There's not really anything I can do other than listen and offer words of encouragement. One thing I set her straight on was my marriage is not perfect. Just like my abilities as a mother, my marriage is far from perfect and easy.

People have commented that they don't know how I handle four kids. Well, they don't see me when it's bed time and my kids have all gone deaf. I lose it sometimes -- quite a few times, actually. My marriage isn't much different, but D and I move past any disagreements. I can't speak for him, but I know that if I start feeling like he's responsible for whatever problem has cropped up, I start listing the ways I'm responsible. Because as I tell the kids, you have to be responsible for your own actions. It helps me move on.

The past 11 years have gone by quickly, but I can honestly say there hasn't been one day that I've thought "I wish I wasn't married." All relationships are different and you have to do what's best for yours, but when *experts* say that communication is the key, they're not too far off. D and I usually talk 3 or 4 times a day on the phone. That may seem crazy, but it keeps us connected and helps us communicate better. When we fail to speak regularly, we have more misunderstandings and become more frustrated.

I pray that my friend and her husband can work through this and get the help they need. I'm just focusing on supporting her and not letting her see how pissed off I am at her husband. It's her life to live and decisions to make.

No comments: