Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's official

Baby is a part of the family. We took a professional family picture today and a photo of just the kids, so now there is proof we all belong together. Of course, I'm the only one who doesn't look like she belongs.

Jeremy was a real trooper today for the pictures. He did not give me the usual grief about what he was going to wear. He accepted my decree that he could not wear jeans, and he even tried to find some dress shoes to wear. Anna was nowhere near as accommodating. Finally, I had to tell her that she was wearing THAT shirt, so she better find something to wear with it and she couldn't wear jeans. Once she had on the shirt and pants, I didn't even fight the footwear battle. She took the pictures in her ratty old faded pink tennis shoes.

I learned something from the show medium - pictures are a snapshot of what they were like at the point in time. So I calmed myself down, and just tried to relax about the whole experience. I almost enjoyed the fact that Jeremy had his leather notebook tied to his beltloop during the picture of the kids.

Other random thoughts...Jack can be so entertaining and cute. (I'm sure that will change in the next few years.) I was in the bathroom getting ready yesterday while he was playing a computer game. After I got out of the shower, I could hear him yelling for me. He wasn't calling for just mommy because that might be a little confusing. He was calling for Mommy Rowe. He'll call D Daddy Rowe also. I don't know where he came up with that.

No comments: