Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sunday morning I stayed home with a sick baby while the rest of the family went to church. Before I started doing some work on the computer, I thought I'd check out some of the Sunday morning news shows. I happened to catch Howard Dean on Meet the Press. It was very scary, and it made me very angry. He actually said democrats should vote for the person who could beat McCain. What kind of sense does that make? Shouldn't a person vote for the individual they believe is best suited for the job? Am I too much of an idealist?

I vote the issues not a straight party ticket. I hope there are others out there who are more concerned with where a person stands are the different issues than what party they are affiliated with. Unfortunately, Dean's belief is not unique to democrats because I know there are republicans who feel the same way. I just haven't personally heard it voiced on such a national platform.

Last night I finally had time to share Dean's comments with D, and it still made me frustrated. However, later he was channel surfing and stopped on the Colbert Report. Now I'm able to laugh about it.

No comments: