Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I love Spencer, but this fourth child is going to wear me out! Not only did he not start sleeping through the night until he was FIFTEEN MONTHS OLD, but he has this incredibly strong urge to climb into bath tubs fully clothed. Normally this would not be a problem, except he does this immediately after I have finished getting him dressed in his pajamas after he has already had a bath and someone else is still in the bathtub.

Tonight I finished dressing him and put him on the floor. He took off running, and I stayed behind to put away the basket of folded clothes in his room. Soon I heard Jack yelling from the bathroom, and I knew immediately what had happened. I ran into the room, and there sat Spencer in the bath like there was nothing wrong with taking a bath in your PJs.

This is at least the third, maybe fourth, time he has done this. The first time it was funny. The second time it was mildly cute. Now it is downright irritating, and it doesn't help when D starts laughing. Fortunately, for him, he took it upon himself to get dry clothes and change Spencer so I didn't have to do it again.

I know I will look back on this and laugh -- maybe even tomorrow -- but for now I just keep thinking I have got to remember to close all the bathroom doors when anyone is taking a bath because that kid is FAST!

1 comment:

Kristin and Co. said...

He he. I've managed to catch Paul before he actually gets more than his sleeves wet. I totally see the irritating part - wet jammies cannot be fun strip off a child. I just had to laugh because that's the first thing Paul does too after his jammies are on - runs back to the bathtub where Andy is relishing in having the whole tub to himself.