Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Yesterday was Jack's fourth birthday. I can't believe he's already four, but then again, I can't believe he's only four. Even though he's only been communicating for a couple of years, he can carry on a pretty good conversation. I enjoy hanging out with him.
The older two kids were already in school when I started working part time, and Jack was only a year and a half. So I have spent the most time with him. My relationship with him is different than with the Anna and Jeremy. He's my little buddy.

He had a great birthday weekend. We had a bowling party with friends on Saturday and family came over on Sunday. D took the kids fishing so Jack could try out his new Spider-Man fishing pole. Evidently, he was very upset when he did not catch anything. But he has decided that he needs to go out on a boat to be able to catch fish.

He was thrilled with all of his gifts, including the cards. He would open each envelope and patiently wait for me to read the card. However, I had to remind him to open the gift that went with the card because he would try to move on to another gift. But he was always very polite and thanked everyone.

For several months, Jack has been talking about being four. And now that he is officially four, he tried to tell me he was three. He was doing a certain task, that I will not mention, and he wanted me to do it for him. I told him he was a big boy he needed to do it himself. At this point, he told me he was only three years old. I'm not that sentimental about my little boy growing up. I was not going to give in.

Anyway, another birthday has come and gone, and we are in the birthday-free zone until November!

No comments: