Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life was so much easier when the writers were on strike. Now I have new episodes of shows to watch, but the kids still have homework and they need baths and they need to get to bed at a decent hour. How can I fit it all in? I must find a way to fit a DVR into our budget. Oh, yeah, that's right. We've never really created a budget that we could stick to.

Anna brought home her practice test for the math and reading tests all 3rd, 4th and 5th graders will be taking next week. I'm not sure how she does it, but out of 30 questions, she only missed three. For the past couple of years, when she would take unit tests, she would only miss one or two questions. And as far as I know, she wouldn't really study.

We can only hope that when it comes time to take the ACT, she will still possess this gift because it would really help when it comes time to apply for scholarships. However, I plan to make sure that when she is in high school she develops good study habits because that is what knocked me for a loop when I entered college. I rarely studied for anything in high school and did pretty well. I wasn't valedictorian, but that was OK. My brothers had already gone that route, so I played the role of the athlete. However, I was in the top 10 percent of my class, so I wasn't a slouch academically. Anyway, when I went to college, I had horrible study habits, and I wasn't very disciplined about going to class.

So hopefully, Anna will do a little better than I. Jeremy on the other hand told me today that he plans to go straight from high school to work as a video game tester. According to him, you don't need to go to college for that. Thank goodness he has a few years to think about it.

No comments: