Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So many kids, so many rules to remember, so many fundraising packets to choose from. I have spent the past two evenings at parent meetings for pre-K, second grade and fourth grade. The pre-k meeting was a breeze, and the second grade meeting was relatively simple. Of course, we've already been through those grades with other kids. The fourth grade meeting was a new experience.

This is the first year Anna has a homeroom teacher and rotates to a different classroom for other subjects. So much information, and there I was sitting in the back of the room with D and some friends making wise-cracks and talking about other stuff. Hopefully, the teachers won't hold it against our children.

I also found out tonight that pretty much every kids in Anna's class is running for STUCO. When I got home, Anna was making her campaign sign. I asked her who she plans to vote for, and she's smart enough to say herself. I hope she's not swayed by any tempting promises, such as pizza every day for lunch and every day will be Fun Friday. It will be interesting. But she's off to a good start. Her campaign sign says "Go bananas with your vote 4 Anna." Hopefully, they will be impressed with the yellow posterboard and slogan.

Speeches and the vote will be next week. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: