Friday, August 8, 2008

Let's play Final Jeopardy!

Answer: A horrifying experience.

Question: What is your child throwing up in your boss's office?

If you bet more than $1, you are the winner! Yes, my sweet Jack could not contain himself any longer today and lost his lunch while he was sitting on my lap at my boss's desk. I'm leaving on a business trip soon. I still had a project to finish, so I picked up the kids from Mother's Day Out and brought them back to the office.

The last few evenings Jack hasn't felt well, but this morning, he was acting happy and normal. I'm not sure if he has some type of virus, but since he was insisting that I hold him, I know that the constant back and forth from my office to the printer was not helpful.

After this experience, I couldn't get the kids to the van fast enough. To top it all off, while I was pulling the sliding door shut on the van, I looked down and was holding the handle in my hand. It broke off completely. Even better I had to drive through a horrible rainstorm to get home. I would rather drive on ice than semi-flooded highways.

While all of that just about wiped me out, I was once again reminded how fortunate I am to have four wonderful, healthy kids. I watched Steven Curtis Chapman and his family on Larry King. What an amazing testimony!

No comments: