Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jack turned 5 today. In some ways it's hard to believe he's growing up so fast, and in other ways, it seems like he should be older. He was only 1 1/2 years old when I began working part time, so we've spent more time together than I was able to spend with the older two kids during their preschool years. Of course, the older two spent those years with D and I know that was great for them.

I love all my kids, but my relationship with each of them is different. Anna, my only girl, is my emotional, drama girl who helps me remember how fun and silly it can be to be a girl. Jeremy is my serious boy, and I enjoy spending one-on-one time with him because we actually talk and he is able to be a little silly and mischievous. Spencer is the baby and that's a whole post on it's own.

Jack is my buddy. We just hang out and talk about random things (Mommy, our house faces north and Grandma's faces south, right? -- How does he know this stuff???). He has always been eager and ready to help me in the kitchen. He is so observant and absorbs so much that I'm very interested to see how well he does academically.

He's a sweet, funny kid who seems to be a best friend to many, and I hope he carries that with him through the rest of his life.

Happy birthday, Jack!

No comments: