Sunday, November 16, 2008

It was a fun-filled, sports-filled, party-filled weekend. We kicked off the weekend with Spencer's 2nd birthday with a homemade pizza party with the family. The next day, I took Jack and Spencer to Chuck E Cheese while D enjoyed Anna's last soccer game and delivering food pantry sacks for Cub Scouts. I hated to miss her last game, but I've sat through many more cold games than D, so I was willing to let him handle the outdoor activities.

To top it off, D and I actually got to go on a date last night. Again, we met a couple for dinner at a nice, not particularly kid-friendly place, Trattoria, then we were transported back in time for a performance by The Rat Pack. Oh how I love Sinatra and Dean Martin. I wasn't as familiar with Sammy other than knowing who he was and seeing him perform on TV a few times. However, I have seen many, many Sinatra and Martin movies. Fortunately, we were close enough that the people weren't blurs, but far enough away that we could actually imagine that it was the real Rat Pack performing.

We are considering going to see Tuna Christmas together, but no decision has been made yet. D and I are also talking about taking the older kids to The Lion King, and while I'm sure Anna would enjoy it, I don't think Jeremy would appreciate it. Also, who even knows if we'll have time.

Now I'm going to relax and enjoy Kung Fu Panda with the kids before I crash.

No comments: