Thursday, February 19, 2009

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not overly emotional. My own husband has jokingly accused me of having a cold heart many times over the past 14 years. But this story brought tears to my eyes. Maybe you have to be a true fan of basketball or at least remember suiting up in high school to appreciate this kind of sportsmanship and to even get choked up over it. It saddens me to think of a teenager losing his mother, who is only a couple of years older than me, but I'm encouraged to know there are still coaches and players in this world who remember that the world doesn't begin and end on the hardcourt. And high school, especially sports, is just a sliver of the memories you will make in life. However, as the coach said, the memory those players and spectators will last so much longer.

No comments: