Friday, December 5, 2008

The Case of the Missing Christmas Lights

I'm usually very careful about storing all the Christmas decorations. I even have them fairly well organized. All of the Hallmark ornaments go back into their respective boxes and then into the same tote. All the other ornaments are carefully stored in a tote designed to hold ornaments. Miscellaneous decorations are in a couple of totes, and then of course the tree gets its own special cardboard box. In the past, I have put all outdoor lights in a green tote, but I could've sworn that last year I used more than one tote for the lights since we have accumulated so many. I do not aspire to be the Griswolds, but I am all about lights decorating the house. If I had the stomach for it, I would line the rooftop with lights, but I can't handle heights anymore and for some reason D doesn't want to do it.

Anyway, I remember winding strings of lights around new plastic light holders, but do you think I can find those lights now??? There are no more boxes left to look in, and I have no idea what could've happened. I've lined the yard with lights as usual, but that only leaves a couple of strings for the house. I wish I could blame my previous migraine medication for this bout of forgetfulness, but I haven't taken it in months and I wasn't taking it during Christmas last year.

Oh well, now I have a new preventative migraine medication that contains a sleep aid, so I don't have to worry about lying awake worrying about the missing lights.

No comments: