Monday, May 12, 2008

I have taken a big leap. I will be weaning myself off the daily migraine medicine. This means I must become more self-disciplined when it comes to getting adequate sleep -- definitely more than six hours sleep at night. My goal is to be in bed by 11 p.m. I think the meds work to a certain degree, but there are times when it doesn't override my triggers. And really, what's the point in taking something that's not going to off-set the cause of your problem? Why must I sacrifice carbonated beverages, suffer memory loss and struggle for words (a definite problem in my line of work) for a medication that doesn't always work? Plus, it's causing an entirely different issue right now that is about to drive me insane!

I'm optimistic that the headaches will not be as bad as they were when I made the decision to go on the daily medication. At that time, I had not had a full night sleep in over a year. That alone was probably my main problem. However, at that same time, I was just coming off a stressful time of year personally and professionally and had chosen to tackle a room redesign. There probably wasn't adequate ventilation. So paint fumes, stress, sleep deprivation -- I think that should add up to a rash of headaches for a migraine sufferer.

Coca-cola here I come!

As for Mother's Day, it was very nice. D let me celebrate the entire weekend. The kids picked out very nice presents, and Jackson even chose another blender for me since the one he got me for my birthday kept getting broken. As he pointed out, this one has a lot of buttons. The boys all wore ties to church -- it was their idea. Actually, Spencer didn't have much of a choice, but he didn't seem to mind. And I took a nap. It was wonderful.

No comments: