Thursday, May 8, 2008

I don't really have much to write about. I'm just trying to make it through the week. I wasn't even able to get excited about the severe weather in the metro this evening. The emergency warning started blaring over Spongebob, and after the second interruption I decided to send Jack to the other room to watch so I could see what was going on. By then, the storm was already east of us.

Mother's Day is this weekend. D asked what I wanted to do, and I don't even care. My first thought was to take a nap. I'll probably still do that. I'll probably ask for a gift card to buy paint, request homemade pizza (even though I'll make the dough - D can handle the rest) and then take a nap.

But seriously, I'm just trying to make it through this week -- actually tomorrow. After that, I've just got some projects to wrap up at work before our major event next weekend which will end with me getting to stay in a hotel room ALL BY MYSELF. What could be better than that? Except having my husband join me. Unfortunately, he has a prior commitment.

For now, I'm going to try to shut my brain down.

No comments: