Friday, May 16, 2008

I am one of these strange people who really doesn't mind going to my OB/GYN. I've been going to this Dr. C for 10 years. He's delivered all four kids and removed a tumor, so we've been through quite a bit.

For all those years, he's practiced in a small building with two exam rooms with the same two nurses. I'm usually pretty good about going to see him on time, especially since I've been pregnant most of that time, but I've been pretty busy lately. Today, I finally made it in to see him in his new office -- a women's health center. He now practices with multiple doctors in a well decorated office that includes a lab and is attached to a spa.

It was very overwhelming. Sadly, the two nurses whom I had known for years had both retired, but at least one that had come on board during the time I had been with Dr. C was still around so there was at least one familiar face. She seemed to like the new atmosphere. I just hope it makes everything easier on Dr. C.

I know the day will come when I will have to find a new doctor because the man is significantly older than me, so chances are I will outlive him. I'm not looking forward to that day. As I said, he and I have been through a lot. He has many quirks, but I'm used to him. When I've changed other health providers, it hasn't gone well. And this is one health provider you don't want to mess with.

No comments: