Monday, March 17, 2008

Let the madness begin. D took timeout from our all-too-brief spring break getaway to print out the men's NCAA bracket. We were pleasantly surprised to see the Sooners get a 6th seed. It feels like they've been gone from the tournament for so long, and it feels good to be back. I'm not sure how long they'll last, but I'll enjoy the stay. I'm happy for Baylor. They have played so well and deserve to make it into the tournament.



Now, I have to start picking my teams. D and I always fill out brackets and usually wager dinner or something. I try not to put too much thought into it, but I do base my decisions on more than a team's mascot, school color, etc.

I used to get more excited about this time of year, but when I could spend the entire time focused on basketball. Now, I have a few other distractions. Regardless, I'll still find a way to fit it all in. And some day, I will be retired and spend my March following the madness -- literally.

No comments: