Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Thanksgiving post seems appropriate. Today I had the privilege of eating wonderful turkey and dressing in a home with two couples who have been married more than 60 years, one that has been married more than 50 years and two other couples who have been married more than 40 years. Amazing!

I love D very much, and every time I see my aunts and uncles and any other older couples who have been married for so many years, I look forward to being one of those couples some day. I'm not in a hurry, but as I say about the time I have with my kids, I'm just enjoying each stage. And the same would apply to my marriage.

I am thankful that God brought me a man who can usually deal with my mood swings and arguments that seem very illogical or irrational to him (even thought they aren't). I'm thankful that he is such an amazing dad who could easily be a stay-at-home dad. I'm thankful that he encourages me to pursue whatever activities I'm interested in or dreams I have. I'm thankful he lets me sleep in. I'm thankful that he is a Godly man and a man of integrity.

I am very blessed.

No comments: