Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Way to go, Kansas! I am genuinely happy for Bill Self and the Jayhawks. It was a wild game. Fortunately, I was able to watch the end of regulation since Medium was over by then. What an incredible three-point shot to tie the game. That was an amazing game! And I'm proud to say I picked Kansas to win it all!

Now you OSU fans can speculate all you want about whether Self will leave Kansas for his alma mater, but I would be shocked if he did. OSU has a great basketball tradition, but Kansas is consistently one of the top programs in the country. I just can't see him leaving that anytime soon. D said maybe, now that he has his national championship, Self would want to go back home to help rebuild OSU. I said that it's kind of selfish to get your national championship and take off. I hope OSU gets a great coach that can get them back to the Big Dance -- I just hope it's not Bill Self. I just don't think it's the right time. Think of Roy Williams. It took many years before he left Kansas to go back to North Carolina. Give Self some time and he'll come back home.

But for now, let him enjoy the moment.

No comments: