Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas was good. The highlight was really on Christmas Eve. The kids were dressed in their pajamas and we sat around the tree singing Christmas carols with only the tree lights on. Spencer had to miss this event due to the fact he was very sleep deprived and would not have been a willing participant. Anyway, Don asked the kids questions about the Christmas story which actually led them to telling the story. Then I read the story of Jesus' birth from a children's Bible story book and we closed with some songs.

When we tried to sing O Christmas Tree, the only words I could remember was the German version. Mrs. Aylward would be proud (even if I butchered some of the words). However, I actually had a printout of the German version of Silent Night and the kids enjoyed that.

We had a good time with all the family, and my mom really enjoyed the Shutterfly album I did of our summer trip to Branson. I was so excited about the book that I can't believe I managed to keep it a secret until Christmas. The kids have enjoyed all their gifts, especially the mp3 players and roller blades.

Now that the holiday has passed, I'm moving on to the next project. We have switched the kids' bedrooms, and today, after my mom so kindly takes all four kids, I'm going to begin painting the middle bedroom. It hasn't been redecorated since Anna's birth nine years ago.

At the same time, I have to prepare for her birthday party with friends on Saturday and a family gathering on Sunday, her actual birthday. I guess I need to shop for her birthday present as well. Fortunately, the friend party is at a pottery place in the mall. However, the location of the family gathering has yet to be determined so I'd better start cleaning now.

Update on the laptop situation. My dear husband is really confusing me. He gave me a nice chunk of money to use to purchase a laptop but said it was for my laptop fund -- not to use as a down payment and finance the rest (because of course I do not have several hundred to outright by a laptop). This is a reasonable and responsible thing to do. But he's still about to drive me insane with the will he or won't he buy a laptop! At the end of the day, I still love him - I guess. :)

No comments: