Thursday, May 10, 2007

A good night for a hoe down

Tonight was the annual kindergarten hoe down. Jeremy has been talking about square dancing for a few weeks, so he was very ready for tonight. We've been through this once before with Anna, so we learned some handy tricks like where to sit. Fortunately, Jeremy's class was on the side of the room where everyone entered, so we didn't have to go searching across the gym for a seat.

Anyway, I'll post a pic of him later. He was very cute in his cheap, felt cowboy hat and hiking boots. I tried to get him to wear a plaid shirt, but since my cousin told him cowboys where all kinds of shirts he thought his red t-shirt would be fine.

I have to say it is very impressive that the teachers are able to keep the kids focused on these dances for such a long time (approximately 30 minutes). I was starting to yawn, but I tried to contain it. Jack got sidetracked playing air basketball under the basketball goals, while baby just wanted to have a snack and go to sleep. Fortunately, I was able to use baby as an excuse to head out quickly, so I was home in time for CSI.

Tomorrow we have a field trip to the zoo. D and I are both going or else I probably would've tried to get out of it. I have no desire to be in charge of a few other kids for a few hours at the zoo. Keeping track of my kids is hard enough.

No comments: