- Pick 10 (or so) quotes from your favorite movies.
- Post them here for everyone to guess.
- Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
- NO googling or cheating by doing an online search. We use the honor system.
1. You can bend the rules plenty once you get to the top, but not while you're trying to get there. And if you're someone like me, you can't get there without bending the rules. Working Girl -- It's a classic. Probably the only movie of Melanie Griffith's that I like - especially since I can't really remember any others.
2. If we bring a little joy into your humdrum lives, it makes us feel as though our hard work ain't been in vain for nothin'. Singin' in the Rain. I saw this for the first time when I had the flu my junior year of high school, and I was hooked. I've loved Gene Kelly ever since. I mourned the day he died.
Fly, yes. Land, no.
5. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it. To Kill A Mockingbird. No one else but Gregory Peck could've played Atticus Finch.
6. Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will. Another Working Girl quote by Joan Cusack. Loved that 80s hair.
8. We run stupid headlines because we think they're funny. We run maimings on the front page because we got good art. And I spend three weeks bitching about my car because it sells papers. But at least it's the truth. As far as I can remember we never ever, ever knowingly got a story wrong, until tonight. The Paper. I was in journalism school at the time, so I could really relate to alot of the movie especially the caffeine intake and swearing (not by me but by those around me).
11. And if things had gone differently for me tonight then I probably wouldn't be saying any of this. I grant you everything. But give me this: he personifies everything that you've been fighting against. And I'm in love with you. How do you like that? I buried the lead. Broadcast News. Such a great flick! Holly Hunter, Albert Brooks and William Hurt. I had to put this in my Blockbuster queue since I haven't seen it in such a long time. I can't wait for it to get here.